Alex and Chris’ Biltmore Engagement Session
It was a delight to get to photograph Alex and Chris’ Biltmore engagement session last Spring. Alex and Chris will be married at Biltmore Estate in October, exactly 100 days from today! So in honor of #tbt I thought it would be fun to finally show you their engagement photos. But beforehand, I want to mention a few things.
Engagement sessions are tons of fun. Not only do we get to meet our couples and hang out with them we also get to work with them and learn a bit about their preferences for photos. Here are some reasons we enjoy engagement session and some benefits they offer.
- Michael and I love people. So naturally we enjoy getting to meet new people and hear their stories. There isn’t always time for this if we only get to meet couples on their weddings days. Engagement sessions are great for providing time to hang out.
- We can gauge their personalities and try to capture their unique love and chemistry. Michael and I always go for capturing the REAL essence of the couple.
- We can help couples feel great about being photographed. One of the famous lines we get during sessions is “what should I do with my hands!” People aren’t generally comfortable posing or acting natural with a camera being pointed at them. We love helping couples feel confident about this.
- Dialing in preferences. After the session is edited and delivered a couple can give us feed back on what they like or don’t like. This allows us to really succeed on delivering the best for their wedding day.
- We can relate. The couple can get to know us and our personality. We have found that once our clients get to know how laid back Michael and I really are they are MUCH more comfortable in front of the camera. Often the photos of our couples laughing comes from Michael and I cutting up or saying something completely goofy.
As Asheville wedding photographers we get to work with a lot of couples whom have destination weddings here in the Asheville area. Alex and Chris will be bringing friends and family from all over the US to their wedding here in October. Michael and I simply can not wait to share in this new chapter in their story.